A haven for gin enthusiasts
Eileen’s Bar crafts a robust yet tactile sanctuary for local gin darlings, Four Pillars, set within a landmark corner building in Sydney’s leafy Surry Hills.
Built in 1939 to house Bussell Brothers tea company, the space is reinterpreted by Sydney based design studio, YSG, to include a gin distillery, bar and retail store – each celebrating the distillery’s much-loved botanical elements.
Components of the original building are thoughtfully restored, including timber beams and copper inlays on the ceiling, forming a strong backdrop for sympathetic new insertions. A predominantly neutral palette is offset by hand crafted timber elements and vivid blue accents – a tender reference to the distillery’s hero ingredient, the juniper berry.